English Architectural Glazing Ltd is one of the leading specialist glazing and cladding contractors in the UK.
Our success is based on employing the right people at every level. We strongly believe the most important asset to our organisation are our members of staff. When we are recruiting it is important for us to find the right people to do the job but also to fit in with the team.
We are passionate about what we do, we like a challenge and we encourage and support our staff to think the same way.
EAG Construction Manager
Reporting directly to the Construction Director on all matters in relation to the design, fabrication, installation and handover of projects.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that all aspects of the contract are completed on time as tendered and contracted.
- Ensuring that multiple deadlines are met and to juggle multiple projects simultaneously with the ability to coordinate between several teams and departments.
- Interface with clients at a high level and as such will have a considered approach with the understanding of our contractual obligations and the client’s needs.
- Responsibility for handling employee issues, questions and any disciplinary issues.
- Financial monitoring and control of the contracts.
- Ensuring health, safety, environmental and quality compliance is maintained and the company’s procedures and objectives are achieved by the team.
The ideal person will have :
- An extensive experience of managing projects within an architectural glazing environment.
- A good working knowledge of contract conditions, CDM regulations, design management, programme, risk management and cost control forecasting, actual cost and value reporting.
- Experience of MS Project 2013.
- Knowledge of the JCT and NEC contract including the early warning and compensation event mechanisms.
- SMSTS and CSCS card.
- Experience of pre-qualification and tendering process.
- Excellent people management skills with the ability to influence and mentor.
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
- Problem solving skills and analytical thinking.
This is a full-time position working Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm based at our offices in Mildenhall, with some site visits as required.
Estimator – Curtain Walling/Glazing – Mildenhall
A crucial company role preparing full tender submissions from detailed drawings and specifications, primarily on large glazing packages which encompass a broad spectrum of other trades and materials to provide a total envelope package, typically ranging from £5m to £15m.
The successful candidate will be welcomed into a fast-paced environment, where no two jobs are the same, and will have the ability to identify, assess, inject new ideas, Value Engineer, scope and communicate issues that may have design, cost or time implications. Provide total project cost summaries from first principles and provide technical tender submission documents with assumptions, exclusions and pricing schedules.
The successful applicant will be required to:
- Scrutinise enquiries.
- Assess technical issues.
- Prepare take-offs and material schedules.
- Prepare subcontract enquiries and evaluate quotations.
- Prepare outline programmes.
- Coordinate subcontract packages.
- Liaise with main contractors, sub-contractors and architects.
- Participate in tender handover meetings.
- Undertake quantity take-offs and scheduling.
- Produce estimates from first principles.
- Work on multiple tenders and budgets.
The ideal person will have:
- Good IT skills, including Microsoft Office suite of software.
- Skills to review construction drawings.
- Aptitude to work autonomously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional attitude representing the company.
- Good time management and organisational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines.
This is a full-time position working Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm based at our offices in Mildenhall.
EAG Design/Technical Manager, based at Mildenhall/Attleborough
Reporting directly to the Construction Director with responsibility for a design team of 19. The ideal candidate will have Design Management experience for Curtain Wall/Glazing/Façade projects.
Responsibilities will include:
- Formulating and managing the programming of both internal and external design resources whilst working to a budget.
- Providing direction and drive to the design office and external designers.
- Implementing measures within the team to identify and capture variations at source and notify Project Managers.
- Liaising closely with pre construction team to ensure that the design is in accordance with the product sold.
- Weekly reviews with Senior Designers and present an overview at Operational meetings.
- Implement Measures within the team to submit technical data for approval on a project by project basis.
- Continuous development of the team by identifying any skill deficiencies.
- Identifying & implementing training
- Consideration of other strategies to reduce any associated costs, for example Structural Engineer, consultants.
- Monitor/Review design in the team before being released to the client.
- Strong design knowledge of glazing, cladding and façade technology.
- Familiar with design software packages to include: Autocad, Solidworks, Revit
- Ensure CDM is implemented in the design.
- Understanding of BIM.
- Responsible for overseeing the Design office in Cannock and to include regular visits.
The ideal person will have:
- Previous experience in a similar position from within the industry.
- Excellent technical ability.
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels.
- Strong management skills.
- Proactive with an eye for problem solving and continuous improvement.
This is a full-time position working Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm based at our offices at Mildenhall/Attleborough.
Designers – Mildenhall, Attleborough and Cannock
Successful applicants will have experience in façade design and engineering, including curtain walling systems, thermally broken aluminium doors and windows, and rainscreen cladding systems, and will be a strong team player across multiple projects. Strong knowledge of AutoCAD and Solidworks are essential.
Applicants will be used to handling their own projects and work load with minimal supervision, and possess a high level of organisation and communication skills. Capable of prioritising their own workload from their own initiative, whilst providing support to the Design Manager and other members of the team.
Ideally educated to HNC, HND, or Degree Level in a construction or façade design related subject, as well as having an existing knowledge and understanding of the façade and cladding industry. This is a full-time position working Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm based at our offices at Mildenhall, Attleborough and Cannock.
Applications in the first instance to Debbie Calver to include covering letter, CV, salary expectations via email to firstname.lastname@example.org Please clearly state the position you are applying for.
We are always pleased to receive applications and CV’s from people even if we do not currently have any suitable vacancies.
Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice