English Architectural Glazing Ltd is one of the leading specialist glazing and cladding contractors in the UK.
Our success is based on employing the right people at every level. We strongly believe the most important asset to our organisation are our members of staff. When we are recruiting it is important for us to find the right people to do the job but also to fit in with the team.
We are passionate about what we do, we like a challenge and we encourage and support our staff to think the same way.
Senior Quantity Surveyor/Quantity Surveyor
As a result of steady growth in our level of activities, the following vacancy is currently available at our offices based in Mildenhall:
We are seeking an experienced Senior QS to work alongside our project management teams, must be commercially aware and able to contribute a contractual view to projects.
The successful candidate will ensure that all commercial aspects of the projects under their remit are properly managed and controlled, and that commercial strategy is developed and delivered in accordance with the requirements of the business.
- Provide assistance, support and guidance on all commercial issues within the projects
- Review all commercial plans to deliver maximum margin
- Provide contractual advice during the tendering process Identify improvements to commercial procedures Manage the monthly commercial audit process
- Manage mediation/adjudication claims
- Ensure the subcontract process is administered correctly to protect the Company’s interests
- Producing and reporting monthly review of contract results and performance (MCR Meetings)
- Provide any other reports which may be required ensure compliance with company’s processes.
- Manage and review cost to complete forecasts Valuation and cash collection.
- Create and Ensure all Application for Payments are submitted on time and ensure that these are maximised accordingly
- Create and ensure all Supplier / Sub-Contractor certifications for payment are issued on time and that these reflect any notices that may be required to be issued.
- Lead up and manage the compensation / variation event process including timely submission with cost information.
- Ensure full compliance with Company commercial procedures.
- Timely final accounting to maximise margin.
The successful candidate is likely to meet all of the following criteria:
Will be a team player, who understands the needs and necessity of a SME and that in the day to day management of the commercial matters there are administrative duties that will be required to be carried out.
- Ideally qualified, or equivalent experience of development and implementation of business procedures.
- Construction work experience, including commercial, residential and private sectors.
- Knowledge of a wide range of contract conditions Strong contractual experience, including JCT Traditional Forms of Contract, JCT Design & Build Contracts, NEC suite of contracts
- Excellent IT skills and knowledge of relevant software
- Ability to solve problems efficiently
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel
- Ability to effectively prioritise a busy workload and meet project deadlines
- Evidence new ways of thinking which deliver benefits
- Ability to influence others
- Desirable Member of RICS or other relevant professional body, or working towards
Office hours – based at Mildenhall head office but will require some site visits, Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm
Applications in the first instance to Debbie Calver to include covering letter, CV and salary expectations via email to email@example.com.
Estimator – Curtain Walling/Glazing
Working individually and within a team you will be responsible for undertaking full tender submissions £1m to £15m within deadlines, liaising with main contractors, sub-contractors and architects.
The ideal trained candidate should have experience in estimating in the glazing industry and be able to estimate from first principals, carryout takeoffs and price from BOQ. These qualities will enable the issuing of consistently high quality tender submissions with our strategy & procedures, having good interpersonal skills, fluent written and spoken English and being proficient in Word & Excel.
This is a full-time position working Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm based at our offices in Mildenhall.
Designers – Mildenhall, Attleborough and Cannock
Successful applicants will have experience in façade design and engineering, including curtain walling systems, thermally broken aluminium doors and windows, and rainscreen cladding systems, and will be a strong team player across multiple projects. Strong knowledge of AutoCAD and Solidworks are essential.
Applicants will be used to handling their own projects and work load with minimal supervision, and possess a high level of organisation and communication skills. Capable of prioritising their own workload from their own initiative, whilst providing support to the Design Manager and other members of the team.
Ideally educated to HNC, HND, or Degree Level in a construction or façade design related subject, as well as having an existing knowledge and understanding of the façade and cladding industry. This is a full-time position working Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm based at our offices in Mildenhall, Attleborough and Cannock.
Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Applications in the first instance to Debbie Calver to include covering letter, CV, salary expectations via email to firstname.lastname@example.org Please clearly state the position you are applying for.
We are always pleased to receive applications and CV’s from people even if we do not currently have any suitable vacancies.