English Architectural Glazing Ltd is one of the leading specialist glazing and cladding contractors in the UK.
Our success is based on employing the right people at every level. We strongly believe the most important asset to our organisation are our members of staff. When we are recruiting it is important for us to find the right people to do the job but also to fit in with the team.
We are passionate about what we do, we like a challenge and we encourage and support our staff to think the same way.
Senior Quantity Surveyor/Quantity Surveyor
As a result of steady growth in our level of activities, the following vacancy is currently available at our offices based in Mildenhall:
We are seeking an experienced Senior QS to work alongside our project management teams, must be commercially aware and able to contribute a contractual view to projects.
The successful candidate will ensure that all commercial aspects of the projects under their remit are properly managed and controlled, and that commercial strategy is developed and delivered in accordance with the requirements of the business.
- Provide assistance, support and guidance on all commercial issues within the projects
- Review all commercial plans to deliver maximum margin
- Provide contractual advice during the tendering process Identify improvements to commercial procedures Manage the monthly commercial audit process
- Manage mediation/adjudication claims
- Ensure the subcontract process is administered correctly to protect the Company’s interests
- Producing and reporting monthly review of contract results and performance (MCR Meetings)
- Provide any other reports which may be required ensure compliance with company’s processes.
- Manage and review cost to complete forecasts Valuation and cash collection.
- Create and Ensure all Application for Payments are submitted on time and ensure that these are maximised accordingly
- Create and ensure all Supplier / Sub-Contractor certifications for payment are issued on time and that these reflect any notices that may be required to be issued.
- Lead up and manage the compensation / variation event process including timely submission with cost information.
- Ensure full compliance with Company commercial procedures.
- Timely final accounting to maximise margin.
The successful candidate is likely to meet all of the following criteria:
- Will be a team player, who understands the needs and necessity of a SME and that in the day to day management of the commercial matters there are administrative duties that will be required to be carried out.
- Ideally qualified, or equivalent experience of development and implementation of business procedures.
- Construction work experience, including commercial, residential and private sectors.
- Knowledge of a wide range of contract conditions Strong contractual experience, including JCT Traditional Forms of Contract, JCT Design & Build Contracts, NEC suite of contracts
- Excellent IT skills and knowledge of relevant software
- Ability to solve problems efficiently
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel
- Ability to effectively prioritise a busy workload and meet project deadlines
- Evidence new ways of thinking which deliver benefits
- Ability to influence others
- Desirable Member of RICS or other relevant professional body.
Office hours – based at Mildenhall head office but will require some site visits, Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm
Estimator – Curtain Walling/Glazing – Mildenhall
A crucial company role preparing full tender submissions from detailed drawings and specifications, primarily on large glazing packages which encompass a broad spectrum of other trades and materials to provide a total envelope package, typically ranging from £5m to £15m.
The successful candidate will be welcomed into a fast-paced environment, where no two jobs are the same, and will have the ability to identify, assess, inject new ideas, Value Engineer, scope and communicate issues that may have design, cost or time implications. Provide total project cost summaries from first principles and provide technical tender submission documents with assumptions, exclusions and pricing schedules.
The successful applicant will be required to:
- Scrutinise enquiries.
- Assess technical issues.
- Prepare take-offs and material schedules.
- Prepare subcontract enquiries and evaluate quotations.
- Prepare outline programmes.
- Coordinate subcontract packages.
- Liaise with main contractors, sub-contractors and architects.
- Participate in tender handover meetings.
- Undertake quantity take-offs and scheduling
- Produce estimates from first principles.
- Work on multiple tenders and budgets.
The ideal person will have:
- Good IT skills, including Microsoft Office suite of software.
- Skills to review construction drawings.
- Aptitude to work autonomously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional attitude representing the company.
- Good time management and organisational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines.
This is a full-time position working Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm based at our offices in Mildenhall.
EAG Design/Technical Manager, based at Mildenhall/Attleborough
Reporting directly to the Construction Director with responsibility for a design team of 19. The ideal candidate will have Design Management experience for Curtain Wall/Glazing/Façade projects.
Responsibilities will include:
- Formulating and managing the programming of both internal and external design resources whilst working to a budget.
- Providing direction and drive to the design office and external designers.
- Implementing measures within the team to identify and capture variations at source and notify Project Managers.
- Liaising closely with pre construction team to ensure that the design is in accordance with the product sold.
- Weekly reviews with Senior Designers and present an overview at Operational meetings.
- Implement Measures within the team to submit technical data for approval on a project by project basis.
- Continuous development of the team by identifying any skill deficiencies.
- Identifying & implementing training
- Consideration of other strategies to reduce any associated costs, for example Structural Engineer, consultants.
- Monitor/Review design in the team before being released to the client.
- Strong design knowledge of glazing, cladding and façade technology.
- Familiar with design software packages to include: Autocad, Solidworks, Revit
- Ensure CDM is implemented in the design.
- Understanding of BIM.
- Responsible for overseeing the Design office in Cannock and to include regular visits.
The ideal person will have:
- Previous experience in a similar position from within the industry.
- Excellent technical ability.
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels.
- Strong management skills.
- Proactive with an eye for problem solving and continuous improvement.
This is a full-time position working Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm based at our offices at Mildenhall/Attleborough.
Designers – Mildenhall, Attleborough and Cannock
Successful applicants will have experience in façade design and engineering, including curtain walling systems, thermally broken aluminium doors and windows, and rainscreen cladding systems, and will be a strong team player across multiple projects. Strong knowledge of AutoCAD and Solidworks are essential.
Applicants will be used to handling their own projects and work load with minimal supervision, and possess a high level of organisation and communication skills. Capable of prioritising their own workload from their own initiative, whilst providing support to the Design Manager and other members of the team.
Ideally educated to HNC, HND, or Degree Level in a construction or façade design related subject, as well as having an existing knowledge and understanding of the façade and cladding industry. This is a full-time position working Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm based at our offices at Mildenhall, Attleborough and Cannock.
Applications in the first instance to Debbie Calver to include covering letter, CV, salary expectations via email to email@example.com Please clearly state the position you are applying for.
We are always pleased to receive applications and CV’s from people even if we do not currently have any suitable vacancies.
Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice